Can Medical Masks Really Prevent PM2.5
The smog envelopes the sky wantonly, and the anti-PM2.5 mask has become a favorite daily essential protective equipment for people. People often ask questions in the forum or know, "Can medical masks prevent PM2.5?", "Medical masks and dust masks? In comparison, which anti-PM2.5 effect is better?", "Do disposable medical masks prevent PM2.5?", "Can medical masks effectively prevent PM2.5?" and so on.
Types and characteristics of medical masks:
As the name suggests, medical masks are mainly used by medical staff at work, and can effectively protect against certain bacteria particles in the medical process. Mainly divided into the following three categories:
Disposable medical mask
1. Disposable medical masks, also known as medical surgical masks, are usually used in surgery and are blue flat masks. Disposable medical masks are divided into three layers. The outer layer is used to prevent blood or saliva from splashing. The middle layer mainly filters out toxic substances such as germs. The inner layer is a hygroscopic layer, which effectively absorbs water vapor produced during breathing.
2. Gauze masks, with a market share of 50%, can usually be divided into six layers, twelve layers and eighteen layers. The gauze masks are all white, made of pure cotton fabric, which is made by degreasing and bleaching. The mask is soft, odorless, tasteless, and free of impurities. After each use, it can be cleaned with soap and soaked in a disinfectant for disinfection, and then reused.
3m1860 medical mask
3. Medical protective masks, professional protective masks in the medical industry, are protective masks for respiratory infectious diseases, which are widely used during the period of protection against SARS, avian influenza viruses and the current Ebola virus. Medical protective masks are generally divided into three layers. The inner layer is made of non-woven fabric, the middle layer is a high-efficiency electrostatic melt blown layer, and the outer layer is an ultra-thin polypropylene melt blown layer. Medical protective masks are effective in preventing viruses and bacteria. Most masks are maintenance-free and cannot be reused after cleaning.
Then, after understanding the three different types of medical masks, let's talk about whether they can prevent PM2.5.
1. Disposable medical masks cannot prevent PM2.5. This mask can effectively filter dust particles larger than 4 microns in diameter and protect against blood bacteria. At present, the main domestic manufacturing standard is YY0469-2011 "Technical Requirements for Medical Surgical Masks";
2. Gauze masks are even less able to prevent PM2.5. They can only protect large-diameter particles. It is a protective mask with poor protection and filtration effect among the three types of medical masks. There is currently no relevant testing standard in China;
3. Medical protective masks can effectively prevent PM2.5. The masks meet the GB19083-2010 "Technical Requirements for Medical Protective Masks" standard, and can effectively filter dust particles with a diameter of less than 0.3 microns and pathogenic microorganisms.
In addition, the best-selling medical protective masks on the market are 3M1860 medical protective masks. This mask conforms to the American NIOSH N95 mask standard. The dust filtering efficiency is the same as that of the N95 industrial dust mask. However, this mask does not have an exhalation valve and has a higher respiratory resistance. High, generally not suitable for children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases.
**Introduction** Disposable plastic boot covers have become increasingly popular in recent years, and for good reason. These simple yet effective products offer a wide range of benefits for both individuals and businesses. From keeping your floors clean to protecting your shoes from dirt and debris, there are countless advantages to using disposable plastic boot covers. In this article, we will ex